Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I've been one poor correspondent, I've been too too hard to find -

But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind. . . .

Hi all -

It not is looking like I will win any frequent blogger awards just yet.

But my next step was to figure out how to post from an e-mail.

So, HERE WE GO (quick Disneyland fans, which ride is that from)

Since I last checked in we have had one fabulous Christmas.

The neighbors invited us over Christmas eve for the traditional Tamale's and other yummy stuff.

They have such a large family, so it is a real full house with lots of kids of all ages. It is kind of them to include us and we enjoy it every year.

Mom and Sis came to our place Christmas day, so I cooked for 16 and fed it all to four.

I got new walking poles for Christmas so my sis and I headed for the hills, literally. My house backs up to to some steep hills, so we took the poles for a trial run. They are GREAT.

And to top it all Mr M just got back from a trip to San Francisco to meet up with his God son. He had an excellent time, and (Wait for it)

He took a tour of the new ball park (major fan of the entire sport here). Also taking the tour was a familiar looking gentleman. When the tour guide asked a question about what Willie Mays nickname was this guy said "Chico". The tour guide proceeded to tell him he was wrong. Mr. M took another look at his tour mate and told the guide he did not think it was a good idea to disagree with the gentleman.

Turns out the guy was Nate Oliver - who played 2nd base when Willie was Center Field. Chico was the dugout nickname for Mr Mays.

Mr Oliver is apparently a really great guy - he would make comments to Mr M and talk to him about things on the tour. Mr M came home about 4 feet off the ground. He semi worships pro ballplayers. He almost semi worships the minor leaguers.

Mr Oliver, there is no reason you would ever read this, but if you do you made one baseball fan's week. Maybe his whole year if China does not get off the dime with the referrals.

Speaking of which - February will be 24 months since LID for us. We are both having trouble wrapping our head around this slow down in process.

We talk about our to be daughter (after 24 months we have 2 really good possibilities for a name). And we miss that she is not here. A little odd this part about missing someone you don't know yet.

So we wait.

My next post will be all about getting Flickr and picture posting in order. I can't wait - I have some lovely cat photos to share. Oh, and I owe you all a picture of the giant gates with the perfect paint jobs!

Till then.








Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Happy Two Year LID (in two days) Anniversary!!
Hope you are doing well.
Rumors are flying that we may finally get to 2006!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06