Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Friday, July 18, 2008

Mandarian HA HA HA HA HA

So I ordered the Mandarian CDs.
I am listening in the car and repeating as best I can.
Maybe I'll understand something, but I don't think anything I say is going to be understood.

I hope I don't say something to cause an international incident.

On to signing (got the Sign Time CDs)

(Well I tried)

5 comments:

Don and Be said...

We tried it too. Yikes! It ain't easy!

Alyson and Ford said...

I'm not even trying at this point :) I'm putting my energies into the signing! I would like to learn how to ask for a bathroom though! :)
peace
fm

Alyson and Ford said...

From FM's other half....

We are going to "sign". None of the speaking Chinese for us!! (except for the mother/daddy words!).

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Don and Be said...

Just ordered Baby Einstein "My First Signs" - JM is mesmerized by the Baby Einstein DVDs - great distraction items and educational at the same time - hopefully, the signing lessons use hands and not fingers as Joanna Mei is limited in that category - we'll adaqpt. This adoption is going to be a thrill ride .......

KHM said...

Don and Be -
We're so happy to see you back

I'm sure you/she can adapt the signs for her range of motion

I think all toddlers adapt the signing anyway, fine motor is limited until they grow a bit anyway.

I am betting signing will help a lot, but I would love to hear how it works for you and Alyson and Ford to see if we are on the right track

Let us know about baby einstein - we have sign time and baby signs and have looked at talking hands (if you need a sleep aid, I recommnd talking hands)