Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Thursday, January 5, 2012

So why am I behind on posting

Well, sleep deprivation is one reason.  We are still getting sleeping schedules in order and I am not getting any uninterrupted sleep yet.

The other reason is - darn we are busy!

So far we have had  . . .


  • An Echocardiogram and chest xray
  • Consult with the cardiologist
  • Cardiac Cath (with minor procedure and unexpected overnight stay)
  • Speech eval
  • 2 pediatrician appointments (started immunization and SOMEONE is crabby.  Josie is a bit cranky too)


I am really jamming on the scheduling trying to get as much wrapped up and nailed down before I go back to work.  In the works are:


  • Hearing test
  • Cardiologist appointment to discuss heart repair plans
  • Social worker visit for first post adoption report
  • Echo for Josie's abdomen


And I am trying to get in place:


  • A case opened with California Childrens Services (CCS) for Josie's heart condition 
  • An overall developmental evaluation


(Please pray about the two above.  The CCS case is particularly critical and I am not getting good communication)


After that - Dental exam, eye exam, and the LOVELY post adoption standard exams that involve pee, poop and nasty blood draws.

Yup - I am going to bed now.

No comments: