I was bustling around the kitchen getting the rice cooker going for Dinner when JJ stopped me cold.
She looked at me and asked . . . "why don't I live with the mama whose tummy I grew in?"
All of a sudden I'm very still - and thinking fast. I have decided honesty will have to be our policy, but I have a pretty good lump in my throat, so I work on the rice cooker while I answer.
The answer, of course, is I don't know. Anything else would be speculation on my part.
But I do know this: God knew she would need a home and parents so He prepared Mr. M and I to meet that need. And so I told her.
She paused a second then asked . . ."Who built our house?"
Um - a man named Pardee . . .
To be continued later of course.
1 comment:
Hi there,
I have been following your blog since you were in China to get your first daughter. I have two adopted Chinese children myself and I just thought I'd tell you how I deal with these questions. I also tell them I don't know, but then I tell them all the reasons why it could have worked out the way it did: Poverty, one child policy or their special need. They understand that we don't know which reason it was. Another thing that might be helpful is making a life book. This is a scrapbook or online made picture book with the story of their life before they met you. Including pictures of a pregnant birthmom, a foundling etc etc. You probably don't have the real pictures, but you can find loads on the internet. My daughter actually chose the pictures herself and told me what text to write next to it. She is very proud of her lifebook and shows it to her relatives with a big proud smile on her face. Maybe you find my tips helpful. good luck. and don't forget to enjoy talking about it, it's a great sign she feels safe enough to ask you these questions! :o)
love,
Hanneke from Holland
www.gelukendroom.blogspot.com
Post a Comment