We will be taking Ms Josie to Lucille Packard Children's hospital at Stanford for her intermediate surgery. This surgery is to see if we can reign in her Pulmonary Hypertension and get her into a range where it is safe to repair her heart defects.
This was probably the most difficult decision I have ever made. The plan from LPCH was the safer surgical plan, but if anyone has a track record with situations like Josie's it seems to be CHOP.
I wish I could say I have complete peace about the decision, but I don't. And I don't actually think I would if I had decided to take her to CHOP. It is a personal problem. :-)
Mr M will stay home with JJ and keep her in school and her routine in place. Mom will take Josie up to Stanford for the operation. Pre Op conference will be Nov 28, the operation is scheduled for the 29th. They estimate 7 days in hospital to recover.
So, what will we need?
First and foremost - PRAYER!
Please cover us in prayer as we prepare for this.
Josie needs to be HEALTHY. No colds, flu, or other nasties
Mom needs to set up her job for a longer absence
We all need peace and strength. Really!
Pray for the surgeon who will operate and the doc who will manage the follow up care.
Wisdom for them and for us too
A prayer team for the surgery and the healing period would be wonderful.
Pray for the surgeon who will operate and the doc who will manage the follow up care.
Wisdom for them and for us too
A prayer team for the surgery and the healing period would be wonderful.
We will have to wait for at least 6 months to know if this is working and Josie's lungs are healing
It would be wonderful if our prayer warrior friends would pray for her regularly during this time
More than anything - prayer for God's will and his support for all of us. Really, we are not even vaguely close to saintly and this is really hard for us.
Practical stuff -???
Those who live close by can expect calls for rides to the airport and a little babysitting here and there. Maybe a dinner or two.
I have not decided whether to fly to Stanford or drive - there are still lots of details to work out.
so - stay tuned
Oh, and pray.
so - stay tuned
Oh, and pray.
2 comments:
Praying for you here in Ohio!
Bless you Nikki. It's not like you don't have plenty going on in your own life (and the new baby is adorable BTW)
Post a Comment