A little more prayer and good thoughts for Josie please:
We knew it couldn't just be easy . . .
I had Josie in to the local cardiologist for another checkup and echo/xray yesterday.
She still has fluid around her lung. Could be a touch of a condition called chylous effusions, which is a post op reaction to fat in the diet. Likely not, but she will go low fat for a while just to hedge our bets.
Unfortunately she is showing thickening of the tissue encasing the heart. Unchecked this is BAD and can lead to more surgery.
The fix is not all that great either. We have been prescribed a round of steroids. this brings her medications to 7 plus oxygen. It is getting daunting to get it all timed and done correctly
Due to this and a wild flu season we will be keeping her out of school for a while yet. Anyone has time to visit Joe and Josie I think they would welcome the company.
It is a winding road sometimes. I want to get her off some of these meds - not on more!
It is a winding road sometimes. I want to get her off some of these meds - not on more!
We are hoping and praying the two issues resolve themselves.
And we are hoping to see improvements in her lungs soon as well.
Thanks to everyone for all the support.
PS - not sure why all the fonts and sizes. Just something my e-mail seems to be doing for me.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved cat. Losing our furry loved ones is difficult indeed.
Thank you for the update on your precious wee one. I will pray for her effusion to clear quickly and that she will be able to resume her normal diet soon. Scarlett is not impressed with her low fat diet. Who would be?!
Thanks. Can't wait till we get to less medication!
Post a Comment