Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fw: Josie LiNI update - November 2014


Josie had her quarterly check up with the cardiology group at the local Children's hospital. They also took a look at her central line to make sure it is still in a good place.

The summary is ... no big changes.

The line in still in a good position, and her heart pressures show up as the same, which is way too high but not getting any worse.

I admit I hold my breath a bit every time I see an X-ray. Josie has a very large heart in that little chest.

The new way of delivering medication is a lot of work and a lot of time, but in many important ways it is still easier on all of us and it really seems to work better for Josie too.

No sign of heart failure, and that is very good news.

She has a sedated heart cath scheduled for mid January. That always gives a clearer picture.

In the meantime Josie is catching up on her speech and academic skills. She works incredibly hard when she wants something and she wants to read. I have confidence she's going to make that goal.

Both girls are practicing for the school play now with GREAT enthusiasm. Joe and I will know the songs and moves too before play time :-) The girls have done the school plays long enough now that they really look forward to them as part of the Christmas tradition.

Here is wishing for a lovely, peaceful, and blessed holiday season for all of you.

We certainly have a lot to be thankful for!

Prayer requests:

No more major sickness and no more hospital runs!

Healing for Josie's heart and lungs

Thank you all!

No comments: