Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Big Ouchie

I got it for the second time today - the assumption I was the grandmother.

I was at a home and garden show today (tends to be an expensive hobby BTW). I stopped to admire the most beautiful set of hand make blocks - they were all castle parts and you could assemble them in many many configurtions. Truly, they are a work of art.

The sales guy started his speil and I commented they were too nice (and too tiny) for small children. He looked over at me and asked if they VISTED often. The poor guy did not mean to sideswipe me - he just wanted to sell a blocks set.

The first time I sort of shrugged it off - it was a very young checker in Target, and I am willing to bet that anyone over 30 looks like a grandma to that young lady.

But this fellow was about 65. Old enough to know better I guess.

I am going to bed to nurse hurt feelings.

Will check out local facelift options next week.

PS - he did not make a sale.

3 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

If you find a good deal on the "lift" you might let the rest of us know! Hope you had a nice weekend.

peace
fm

Lori said...

First time poster, long time lurker. Let's see ... you, me and Alison .... Maybe we could find a package deal on the "lift" ?? ...Hehehe It's my 48th birthday today. I feel awesome and can't wait to meet out little China girl.

Hope to see you in China !

Hugs,
Lori H (DH Andy)
Central Florida
LID: Feb 16 2006

Amyesq said...

Oh maaaaan. And it won't stop when you have your daughter. They'll just start asking if you're the babysitter.

Seriously, I NEVER assume someone is either a) the grandma or b) pregnant. Just not good. Reminds me of the time I was about to graduate law school and Tim and I went to buy a nice legal briefcase for my graduation gift. The saleswoman looked at us and said "Oh, is he a lawyer?" She didn't get the sale either.