Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Saturday, March 29, 2008

So when did I develop this slight sense of detatchment

Well, I just estimated it may be only another 3 or 4 months until referral. After 26 months we can do this standing on our head.

But it just occurred to me - I have sort of blanked out the fact that there is a CHILD at the end of this road, with all the changes, joys and adjustments that goes with that phase of life.

I think I had come to the conclusion that Chinese adoption is all about taking to other people who are waiting and we are all going to wait together forever, sharing tips and news.

To get through the process I disentangled myself from the end.

I better snap in. I have a little bit of preparing to do.

Anyone want to start a pool on on whether our timeline gets destroyed by the Oympics?

2 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

We are in the same boat you are... I could have written the same post. Something happened along the long "WAIT" and we became very detached from the process, was tired of trying to explain to family and friends what was going on in China, trying to explain that we do not know who our new daughter is yet (how many times does one explain the match & referral process?).
I looked back and Don/Be and we left some of your first few comments (we are all your ages!). Check out Don/Be, they have been matched. We are thinking/hoping for a referral in July or August which would put you after the Olympics. We will know more when referrals come next week.
Keep cheerful - you're right - we will have our daughter this year.

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Susan said...

Hi! I just found your blog but really must agree. The wait is too long for a person to maintain "attachment" without going bonkers. At some point in time I think we've all had to detach a little and sort of go on with our lives in order to stay sane.

Waiting has become the activity but I'm sure when we're "on deck" we'll feel differently.
susan
lid 2/13/06