Who has NOT developed my sense of detatchment. In fact he kicked back in a couple months ago for no apparent reason I can see.
I have bought one little toy or book for our potential to be daughter with every 2 week paycheck (actually I swore I wasn't going to talk shopping - there are others who do this SO MUCH better than I ever will - if you are in need of shopping tips drop a line - I will send you to the sites of a couple really experienced people who kind of scare me every time I look at their sites).
Mr. M just came home from Target with a little gardening set, a beach chair and unbrella all in this cute bug pattern (yes, lady bugs are involved). This may be the first thing he has independently hauled home - um ever? In a year or so at least.
2 weeks ago our agency called. We need to renew fingerprints again. Mr. M, being a former math teacher, did some quick calculations and realized WE ARE PROBABLY NOT GOING TO GET OUR REFERRAL IN MARCH.
He was so upset he ended up calling my long time BGF to vent (note here - have we mentioned that we have not told a whole bunch of people about this adoption ? - our venting options are a bit thin right now. BGF and family were one of the people we asked to give us our original HS referral)
So, right now he is WAY more snapped in than I am.
BTW - you know what I said about shopping. Well I am going to fudge a bit. Target has some really cute and practical kids stuff right not - we got ladybug sippie and divided diner plates. They also have frog and monkey/tropical themes. Get there quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment