There has been a lot of discussion roiling around the internet world about whether adoption is a good thing for the child or not.
One of my first posts to my FCC group was on the subject of Angry Adoptees and whether a trans-racial adoption was a good thing to do - or not. I got some VERY thoughtful responses - apparently I am keeping good company.
here is an excerpt:
------------------------------------------------
After reading here an on other sites about angry adoptees,particularly some of those from Korea I was beginning to feel concerned about whether adoption from China is a positive or not (for the child of course).
My sister is close friends with one of the original Korea adoptees. She is about my age (50) and was adopted at 5. She has been back to both Korea and China, been to her orphanage, all those things. I asked my sister to share our adoption plans with her and tell herwe were VERY interested in anything she had to say and any input shehad to offer. Basically, she said there are a lot of orphans in this world who need a home, and if you have the energy adopting them is a good thing to do (and she swore she did not have the energy :-)).
Anyway, a sample size of one is not statistically significant, but she has more right to an opinion than I, and this made me feel better.
1 comment:
There will always be two sides to this issue. Some will be angry while others will be filled with joy and family... My family and that of my wife is filled with domestic and international adoptions. And when we are all together, we are simply and thankfully, FAMILY.
While not blind to the issues, Aly and I will focus on being the best people and parents we can be (most the time :) Flaws and all.
peace
fm
Post a Comment