Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The accidental blogger

OK, I know I am not exactly a regular contributor. Here are a couple make goods:
Congratulations:
Before I start on about life in sunny So Cal - in the last few weeks many of my fellow members on the Precious Panda Yahoo group have either just received referrals or just returned with new family members.

I am so excited for each and every one of you. We have waited so long and I am thinking you all will be excellent parents. I can't believe how cute and lovely all your new family members are.

Now on to the news:

Did I mention we have a possibly permanent name:
This was ridiculously hard for us, but we have chosen a name that honors a woman we very much admire from each side of our family. Unless the name just looks wrong when we get her photo we will be calling her June Josie, hence to be known as JJ. (working on a boys name just in case. Middle name would be McCourt for sure)

Could not decide if I should tear up - or bust up
I decided long ago that shopping would not be a regular subject around here.
Frankly, there are a whole bunch of people who do a better job of this than I ever could. If you haven't found them yet drop me a comment and I'll pass along some links.
But I don't remember my resolve extending to OTHER peoples shopping sprees. So I guess I'm gonna share just a bit.
This was a very hectic and very rough week at work. Poor mister M called me at work just to say "HI" and I bit his head off was less than enthused. Never mind - when I got home this was in the back yard:

It was so sweet and so hopeful and so - um, um- colorful I really waivered between completely cracking up and getting misty eyed. He is starting to get very anxious for our JJ to get here.

Now the good part - he found all the chairs for 50 cents at the local drug store. SCORE.

Right now he is forbidden to get close to a Target for a while. They have something called Mollie and Bollie and these cute little bug themed garden and beach products keep showing up

And I can't quite explain the monkey themed beach towel.

It is fun, stressing our storage space, but fun.

So what did you do for Mothers day:
We actually took Mom to the local Pompeii exhibit (which was great) but just to round out the experience we went up on Saturday and took her to lunch. My sister had a painting in a local show so we went and acted like cultured people for a bit.
Then we went Lawn Bowling. Really cultured people. It was fun but . . .
I am so humiliated. I was really sore the next day from all the stooping. We have a photo around here somewhere. . .

And finally - how do you define irrational exuberance?
Spring let go with a vengence this year. We got just a little more rain than usual and it showered us a little later in the season. Mother Nature was happy. Check out the back yard.

Happy roses (they went all at once) and happy sweetpeas too.


God's best to all my readers (all 3 of you)

Mrs. M

3 comments:

Don and Be said...

So, what happens when you turn Mr M loose in a Bass Pro Shop?

You're inching closer to JJ - we'll keep following .......

Should be pretty soon for TA to Joanna Mei ...... we getting pretty misty eyed at the thought ....

Amyesq said...

I didn't realize you got a blog. Excellent! Glad to have you in the blogosphere (well and in real life, too). Your garden looks INCREDIBLE. And I absolutely adore your name choice. We traveled with a family who named their daughter June and they called her their little June-Bug. So dang cute.

Alyson and Ford said...

Loved reading your update. Love the kiddie lawn furniture - good buy! JJ will be so cute sitting in it.
Hope you're having a great summer!

Alyson LID 01/27/06 IA China