We went to our FCC Chinese New Year event. Fun, but I should have had a little one to take with me and it kind of hit me.I came home and wrote her a little note and put it in her album with one of the red good fortune envelopes
Here is what I wrote (this poor child does not have a name yet)
Dear little one:
We missed you today.
Today was the Chinese New Year Celebration
With Families of Children from China
So we went because we were thinking about you.
And because some of the children who may be your friends were there.
We went. And it was fun.
There were Chinese dancers and a Chinese dragon parade
Danced by all the smaller children
And Chinese Musicians and a Chinese Buffet
And maybe best of all was the Lion Dance –
With 3 big lions who woke up to the beat of the drum
And gobbled our good fortune envelopes - so exciting.
And we talked with others who are waiting for their Children
And some whose children have come home since last we saw them
So may happy families made and waiting to be made.
But there was a cold spot in our laps where you belong
And my arms were sad because thy wanted to lift you to see the lions
And I cried a little when the smallest dragon dancers danced by.
So I thought I would write you a note
To tell you I was thinking of you today
That you would have made today a better day
We know you are in China now and waiting for us
And we are waiting for you so impatiently
And praying you are warm and safe loved and cared for
I hope you feel the warmth of our love
I hope you feel us getting ready to come get you
Happy New Year little one – wait in peace.
Love is coming to get you.
2 comments:
Awww, what sweet kids! Adorable!
I posted at the wrong place - meant to post this after the story about your neighbors.
As for this post, it brought tears to my eyes. I love your line, "Love is coming to get you."
That really says it all!
Post a Comment