Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Saturday, November 22, 2008

(Almost) instant gratification

One of these days I'll get around to the nursery pictures - but it is not done yet.

BUT - I found this great older furniture on Craigs list - very sound, but the finish was just trashed. So I painted it. Nothing boring either. It has a nightstand, low dresser, and a matching mirror I'll have to wall hang for safety.


Like the color? It was really easy. I did the nightstand one weekend and the dresser the next. The color is even nicer than this photo shows - I just had to use the flash and it sort of flattened the color out a bit.

4 comments:

Billy and Maggie said...

Oh I love those colors together! You gave me such a good idea, I have a bureau that belonged to my duaghter as a child, it wasnt till I saw your picture that it dawned on me I could put a fresh coat of paint on it and change up the knobs and it'd be good to go! Looking forward to seeing the nursery. :-)

Don and Be said...

Cool colors!

KHM said...

For those inclined to try this out I used the american accents smooth (satin) finish by rustoleum.

Be sure you get the smooth finish version - Home Depot carrys American Accent, but not the smooth finish version and you will want that.

Color selection is fabulous BTW.

Doreen said...

Very funky! Looks great! Wanna come redo my boring almond furniture for the girls? I'm sure you have nothing better to do!!!!

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan