One thing frequently commented on (right after the JOY of family day) is the associated back pain. This is because your newly terrified child decides to firmly cling to one parent to the point you get to carry your 20-25 lbs child (note ours is already at 25 lbs) every waking hour.
So I have been scouting for a carrier. I have looked at Ergo, walking rock farm hip carrier and a couple others. But I admit it seems a bit odd to strap someone that old to me
So I found one of these infanto hip carriers. I may still bring in an Ergo or something like that , but this may have possibilities. Opinions? Thoughts??? Maybe I better strap her in so she can't cut and run????
5 comments:
We tried oneof those carriers in Guangzhou andit lasted 15 seconds. JMei is the Empress of Squirm. Our advice: borrow a similar one from someone you know and give it a try. If it works, buy one. You never know how much kicking and squirming a kid attached to you can do. Give it several tries......
Wowa - good point. This assumes a kid that will latch on. Not all will.
Back to Ergo - or walking rock farm.
Another thought ..... the fold up umbrella strollers are great for traveling. You can get them for about 15 bucks in the Wal Marts in China and once the child is strapped in, that's it - they can be unwilling to have limited maneuverability, but they're not attached to you. The umbrella strollers are great to have when making airport transfers as well.
We still use JMei's for the short hauls.
Hey, I saw that you´re looking on carriers. I went to China this summer to get my 28 month old boy. I used Ergo, loved it and I use it every day, when I go shopping, to calm him down, bonding, napping...just name it :) I would recommed Ergo :)
Birna Iceland
I loved my ergo I purchased for my very heavy son and wished I would have bought one sooner. It adjusts so well for all body sizes and can sit nicely on my hips taking off the pain in my back. I only used it as the back pack, so I am not sure how well it works in the front, but it goes in the front too.
Post a Comment