Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I like you- I love you



So - Baba has been teaching JJ to hold the door open when I go to work. They both call out "Bye - have a nice day. I love you." And I call back "Bye, I love you too"

But suddenly the tone has changed. One nite in Monterey JJ was getting ready to go to sleep and I was laying next to her. We had a wonderful, fun fun day. And JJ looked at me and said "I like you Mom", then dropped off to sleep. And I know this one was HER heart speaking.

Tonight it happened again. I was goofing around with her before putting her in the crib and she was snuggled up to me in our rocker.

"Mom, I love you". Then to bed and asleep in 2 minutes.

This month marks a sort of anniversary for us. JJ has been with us longer than she was without us now.

In some strange mysterious way she knows that.

No comments: