A month ago JJ and I went to baby shower.
On the drive up JJ asked me where the baby was.
Uh Oh, here we go!
I told her the baby was in it's mommy's tummy waiting for its turn to be born.
JJ then wanted to know what the baby was wearing.
I replied that the baby was naked right now.
I can't express how concerned (and obsessed) JJ was with the idea of a baby being naked.
So I explained that mommy was keeping the baby warm right now, and when the baby had her turn to be born the mommy would put a diaper and clothes on then.
That ended it for a bit. Well she was still obsessed with the naked part.
2 nights ago JJ waited till I was putting her to bed.
She was standing in front of her crib and sort of looked sideways at me.
She said "when I was a baby and I was born you put a diaper and clean clothes on me?" with that sort of questioning tone.
And I had to say "No, I wasn't there. Someone put you into a diaper and clean clothes. Probably your China Mama."
And there the conversation ended. Only to pick up again I am sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment