Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The tough, the good

I was glad I had a long Memorial Day weekend.  Josie had an adjustment bump, and I am just glad I was home a lot.

On Friday we had some friends from JJ's school over for a playdate.  This family is Mandarin speaking at home, so we heard a lot of it that day.

JJ and Josie had a blast playing with their bud's.  But that night Josie woke up twice sobbing and crying.  This was something we had not seen in months.  I had to pick up and rock and sooth.

The second time I finally looked at her and asked "are you missing China".  She nodded yes, and eventually settled back to sleep.  But the next day she had spells where she was frantic to be picked up and inconsolable if I set her down.  I finally got out the Ergo and put her on my back for a few hours.  That mostly did the trick. 

The next day she napped on my chest and now we seem good. 

Darn.  She is sweet, smart and funny. She is doing fantastic adjusting.  But honestly, it is a lot of work on her part and it is hard to watch sometimes.

No comments: