Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Saturday, April 6, 2013

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. :-)


Pretty darn interesting times today.  We are titering Josie up on the pulmonary hypertension medicine and I think she has been getting some side effects.  She complained of back pain yesterday and today so I got her in to the ped (who kindly kindly squeezed her in) to have a urinalysis and get her checked over.

Kidneys look good.  Kid looks good.  O2 sats were 98%.  This is quite amazing - they were 93% before we started this last med.  Looks like this powerful drug is actually working (a first!)

And we had the best tubing change out ever - mostly because Josie got distracted and I reached over and clipped the old button off her.  It happened before she had a chance to panic and thrash.

So - she feels kind of rotten - probably side effects of the med, but she is doing really well.

It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times.  :-)

No comments: