This is Josie's second Easter. Last year she caught on to the eggs and eating thing pretty fast. This year she caught a lot more. She has language delays, but really knows how to make herself understood.
We, and her sweet school, have been reviewing the passion and the different events leading up to Easter.
I was rocking Josie to sleep and she let me know she was very concerned about the crown of thorns. She did not like that one bit. It started with "I hate Jesus!" Well, that's not like Josie so I asked a few questions and it seems what she hated was the crown of thorns Jesus wore. She mimed the crown. She kept asking "why". I did my best with that one . . . "He did that so we don't have to".
That Saturday I got her set for a bath and hair wash. I noticed some X marks on her wrists and got ready to wash them off. Josie tried to stop me with a "no!, Jesus!" That is when it occurred to me. She had marked where Jesus wore the nails.
This Sunday we had the church elders pray for and anoint Josie. On the way in was a picture of Jesus carrying the cross wearing the crown of thorns. Josie stopped and looked. She only said "Jesus" but she mimed the crown again . . she does not like it that Jesus had to suffer.
Love that kid and her sweet heart. I suspect Jesus feels the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment