Well now I feel like a professional spammer
Joe has hospital duty and he just called to let me know they don't think the meds are doing the job fast enough. They are thinking of doing the surgical procedure tomorrow
And I am thinking I will work on communication better with the docs.
I will keep the latest on the blog
Thank you friends
================================
I have had a few questions so . . . Here is what I understand after talking to eight or so assorted doctors. Maybe nine.
Josie has bacterial pneumonia and her body has decided that a good way to deal with that is to fill everything in and around that lung with liquid. So that lung is pretty much off line and she has one good lung going. Apparently this is something kids occasionally do and the process can be very fast. As of now . . .
Josie is on the right antibiotics
She is slowly showing signs of improvement
And as always darn she looks good
Feels good too cause she is teasing and testing the parents to distraction
For most kids I guess they would sedate and do a little operation to draw off the fluid
Josie is not most kids. Right now she has one lung out of commission. In addition her hearT is still very enlarged and squishing the lungs. It's is too risky to sedate her so we take the long road and use medications and a bit of moving around to help her body do the job on its own
It is looking like a long haul in the hospital. But (and I am repeating myself) it is so nice to be using a local hospital.
That's it for now. I have significant sleep to catch up on.
No comments:
Post a Comment