Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Monday, July 7, 2014

Vacation - guess where we went . . .

I think I have said this before . . . Travel with all Josie's medical equipment is just hard.

Sooo - we didn't.  Instead we stayed close to home.  We got a condo right across the street from the beach and  . . .

Our home away from home!


We had a little view of the ocean

We did a local amusement park for a day and a half . . .
Guess where?
Yup!

Where's Josie

Digging for dino's bones

Kind of a slow ride

The Billy Goat Gruff!
Tried some new rides . . .


Hi Ho Silver!


Not a ride.


I admit, when I decided it was time for the girls to drive I was a bit nervous.  But they did great.
And I admit to tearing up just a tad when the ride was over and Josie sprinted across the entire length of the blacktop - full speed the whole way.
Oh yes they did.  And I was mighty proud.
Can we build it?  Yes we CAN!
We got some down time
And some (careful) pool time.
Note Mama clutching the child and the IV pump
There was a U-Pick strawberry field nearby

We walked across the street to the beach

Yea

Dig we must

Thank goodness for Auntie Cris

Josie got her feet wet
And on the last day we celebrated my Mom's birthday.


The girls love, love, love their LauLau



That was almost enough but not quite, so we paid a visit to our County  . . .


Here Sheep Sheep Goat .Cow . . . 

It LICKED me!

Back beast!

Fair Food

More Fair Food

Fair is not complete without Footsie Wootsie machines
 

Taken by a small person
Everyone had sore feet, but big people had it worst.  Little ones still get a stroller when needed.

No comments: