Now that I have your attention
If you have been watching China referrals you will know that, baring fire, flood, famine, epedemic or nulcear meltdown we are NEXT. I probably should not put together a list. The way this wait has been going listing possibilities might cause one to occur.
If you have NOT been following China adoption news with baited breath, oh well. We are likely to be next.
We should receive a referral about the first week of November. 5 to 8 weeks after that, off to China. 2-3 weeks later we come home. Totally jetlagged with a very cranky jetlagged child.
Sounds like fun, huh? You will be amazed to know there are people who have done this SEVERAL times.
We call these people repeat offenders.
More soon.
8 comments:
You are NEXT!!! I think referrals will come before Nov.....
So excited for you!
Following your journey, guys ..... jetlag worries, eh? At least you're on the west coast - 3 hours less, probably no additional airline connection ..... I must admit that I was SO out of it I hardly remember it now.
We are jazzed for you two - take it all in.
Blessings to y'all,
D, B & JM
Well yea I worry about jetlagged babies. I am learning from you all and from Ford and Aly!
If you survive the plane rides home, the jet lag will just be a passing inconvenience (I can say that now that we are over it!!). Force yourself to sleep at night and take a few naps during the day. We had to wake up AA from some of her daily naps in the first four days so that she would not sleep all day. It seemed to work. We also had the help of my Mom who gave us a breather when we were crashing!
Alyson
Celebrating 19 days as Mommy to Alyzabeth!
I am a confessed repeat offender and it's just the greatest thing (minus the jetlag, of course!).
Here's to a speedy TA!
Doreen in Montreal single Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan
Ms K,
Wishing a speedy recovery to you - my bouth with whatever it is that's going around lasted a week. JM's was about 5 days and then she got an ear infection.
We check your blog daily for news.
Hey Lisa - if referrals show before November I am going to DIE. I need to get this election DONE. Then I can fall apart :-)
Post a Comment