Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hello from Guanghzou- Squeaky shoes are the BOMB

Where it is nice and warm.  The people too.
So we did the medical, did all the paperwork for the American consulate - that gets turned in tomorrow.
 
I hired a shopping guide and we power shopped for 4 hours.
 
And we got JJ squeaky shoes.  If you remember I was a bit concerned because JJ would not feed herself or walk- two things I know she is capable of.  On th plane from Hohhot I taught JJ to put food in her own mouth.  she won't be looking back on that one, she loves feeding herself.  Um - it is a bit messier that if I feed her, so maybe I should have waited till the flight home.
 
To fix the second issue we bought her squeaky shoes.  The first time we put her down in the hotel corridor and she figured out what she could do to make the pretty shoes squeak she got so excited she ran to the end of the hall top speed and disappeared around the corner still galloping.  Joe and I were stunned and just stood there with our mouth open.  We were going to get all new parent concerned - until we realized we could still HEAR her.
 
Today was mostly good, and Joe got us a fabulous dinner European style - steak for him, duck for me and about 3 heads of steamed broccile for a side.  JJ got rice and some of our food.
 
Time to go now - long day and JJ got too wound up and was a bear to get to bed - laughing hysterically then crying, wanting to play in the toilet, trying to take a header off the bed - you get the idea . . .   So I'll need my sleep.
 
Night all.
 
Mrs M

3 comments:

Jean said...

I wish I had purchased more squeaky shoes when in Guangzhou. Our daughter was not walking when we brought her home and now that she is walking she's in her last pair of squeaky shoes! Darn!

Jean

Don and Be said...

Couldn't sleep one night while in Guanghzou - went down to the lobby with a squeaky shoe in my pocket - hit the squeaker each time I took a step - it was a hoot to watch the hotel staff, mouths hanging open, as a 250 lb man walked by squeaking like one of the kids.

FHL said...

JJ is adorable!!!! I can't think of a more perfect Christmas present then being united with your little one! :o) Congratulations!