Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In Bejing where then really is now

Hi all we are safe and sound and completely confused about what time it is.
 
We think it is sometime Wednesday for you - for us it is Thursday at 2:00 - and we were sure it was about 3 hours later.
 
In any case we made.  We are tired and we just ate too much, but we did a walk about and find the city facinating.  Modern and lovely on top of ancient and beautiful, mixed the the archane and not too sanitary.  We love it.
 
We mostly window shopped because I have decided I will not be eating at every shop - normally I would but I am determined not to get myself sick - this is not a toursit trip and it is important we take care of one another and stay healthy.
 
The highlight so far was a side trip to a Buddist temple estabilshed by Kublia Khan in 1271.  Very very lovely - could not take photos in the best parts.  Oh, and it is SOO COLD.  Glad I brought the ski stuff.
 
I'm going to try to attach a couple photos for your amusment.
 
We meet JJ on Sunday. 
 
Love Mr and Mrs M
 
(PS - we got a couple really nice gifts.  You know who you are!  Thanks)
 

1 comment:

Don and Be said...

Wonderful! I would have liked it cold - we were in Bejing in the dead heat of summer. Oy! We are happy you made it safe and sound.