
JJ is officially our child in the great Golden State.
We completed readoption proceedings last week.
Everyone was so darn nice. We put JJ in a beautiful dress. She was very well behaved and they gave her a stuff momma and baby dog set (she could not believe they were GIVING this to her - I had to tell her it was OK to take it). The Judge was very nice, gave us clear instructions about keeping the temporary paperwork until her new birth certificate eventually appears (about 12 months or so from now). We got a lovely commerative certificate and the baliff took a nice couple of photos.
Yes - it all went very well.
Until Ms. JJ discovered the panel of buttons that controls the lit "in session" sign on the courtroom door.
And has the panic button that sets off alarms.
JJ got the In Session button and the Baliff and I started moving real fast. We got to her before she pushed any dangerous buttons.
And as we were leaving I heard that nice judge say "that has never happened before".
Good thing JJ is an only. I don't think we can go back there again.
1 comment:
I think the judge was so nice (when we did adoption finalization) because she got a break from divorce settlements, personal injury & custody hearings.
Post a Comment