
Mr M. made JJ a couple of her own pages of pictures. He printed them on 81/2 by 11" paper and put them in a clear sleeve so she can carry them around.
JJ and I were reviewing one of these tonite. It has 3 pictures from Inner Mongolia - one of JJ asleep on Mr. M's chest, and two of her and Mr. M at the museum - everyone is bundled and JJ is in an Ergo carrier strapped to Mr. M. The last one is her holding a bottle and sitting on Mr. M's lap shortly after we came home.
I pointed to the one where she is strapped to Mr. M and said "do you remember China? It was so cold and you were so small we had to strap you to Baba with a carrier. See how small you were. You were a little baby" (baby's figuring big in our world right now).
JJ looked at that photo and said and signed "Sad".
I was a bit startled so I said "you were sad when we met in China?' - and she signed it again.
She then looked at the other photos and said/signed "sleep" and "milk".
And- her being all of 28 months we went on and had a snack and got ready for bed.
Sad. Yes baby B. Tonight I am sad too. We love you to the moon and back. We never want to make you sad. China was the start of something good - but it was hard too.
No one said it would be easy- but I wish we could have taken the "sad" for you.
Glad your here now.
Mrs M.
1 comment:
My daughter is much older. She's seven and has been home eight weeks. She's happy and loving, but she misses her foster family terribly. It hurts to know your kid is hurting, and sometimes I would rather not sit with her at night and talk to her about China Mom and Dad. I do it anyway, because I must, and because I think one day we will both be happy I did. As much as I wish she didn't have to experience grief to be here with us, I am glad she has the memories of her other home and her other family. They are what make her who she is.
Your daughter is very sweet!
Post a Comment