Let me just start by saying I had mentioned to Baba that daughter #2 was a bit impish and was very much watching everything, including how doors with locks worked. And I did mention it would be wise to put a key for said bathroom type lock in each bedroom (see, we had turned the locks around so the girls can't lock themselves in).
Didn't happen fast enough. Everyone went into Josie's room for something or another. Josie pushed the lock button and pulled the door closed behind her.
Baba pulled the room apart for an hour looking for the long straight pin/nail that could be used to open that lock. While he was looking the girls calmly trashed the place.
Finally, he pulled out an old carry on bag that we had firmly wedged into the bottom of Josie's organizer for lack of a better place to store it.
And there it was. The keyring with the extra set of truck keys on it. The one that disappeared right after we got Josie home. The one we tore the house apart and retraced all our steps looking for (those things are expensive!).
Well, we finally gave up looking. We were pretty sure we had not left it at a restaurant or store. So I finally told God I figured He knew where those keys were, and if he would tell us I would be grateful. Eventually, He did. All in good time.
That key ring, when pulled straight, worked just fine to let everyone OUT.
No comments:
Post a Comment