Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tummy Mummy talk

Tonight JJ asked why her skin and mine looked different.

And I told her it was because she was from China and she got her skin from her Tummy Mommy.  JJ wanted to know what Tummy Mommy looked like - and I could only reply she must be beautiful, just like JJ.  We talked about who had freckles (Momma first, baba has a few, JJ has 2, LiNi is zero on that one) and that her hair looks more like Baba's hair (yea, Mamma has red hair).

She eventually decided she was in her foster mamma's tummy.  I corrected - foster mamma took care of her when tummy mommy could not, but she was not tummy mommy.

I'm not sure I convinced her.  To be continued . . .

No comments: