Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thanks for all the kind words

For all the good wishes - and good advice. Keep it coming.
It means the world to us - but you all know that.

For everyone who offered information about Inner Mongolia and the orphanage - Thank you! I just went over to join the Yahoo group.

And for the very kind person who's church group just got back and had photos - yes, thank you, I would love to have them. I don't see a way to contact you from your link, so could you let me know how to get in touch with you? I edited my profile so if you click the link under my picture my profile now lets you send an e-mail to me.

Ford and Aly and Homedaddy and Be - and all the other over 50's out there - hang with us and we will hang with you. I have a feeling we better stick together!

The file is with JJ's ped for review and our LOA goes out today.

I am definately freaking out a bit and resetting for Mongolia and maybe a tall child. I was teasing the dear person at our FCC chapter about telling me not to worry about the weather in China, but in fact when we were first accepted by CCAA I intuited we would receive a referral from Inner Mongolia (no, that does NOT happen often).

But as the years went on and I saw referral after referral (after referral, but that is a different story) from Southern China that intuition faded into the background and I set expectations for the South.

Ah well, the joy of international adoption - or any adoption for that matter - you learn a little more adaptability.

Again, thanks for all the good wishes, kind thoughts, and support.

5 comments:

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Congratulations!!!! WOOHOO!!! Our daughters are only a few days apart. We are adopting from Taiwan and our little one's measurements are 33 inches at around 17 months so we're right there with ya on the tallness! I'm as short as most Asian people so it makes me laugh a bit that all my girls will probably be taller than Mom! Just wanted to say hello and Happy Future Homecoming Day!!!! (Near Future so exciting!!) =0) Sara/Sofa

Unknown said...

Congrats!!

Dawn from your DTC Yahoo group
LID 3-13-06

Don and Be said...

You guys rock!

Yoli said...

Congratulations! As a mother of a daughter from Inner Mongolia, I can tell you they are beautiful and strong willed children. I am glad you joined the Yahoo group, it is a very good group full of information.

Shannon and Dan said...

Congrats you guys! We can't wait to meet this beauty at the next FCC event! we'll be following your blog!