Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stuff Josie says

Little Girl s getting better and better with her language and it is starting to get interesting.



Here are a couple recent samples swiped from Facebook:

Last Friday . . . .

Josie and I had a little conversation this morning about when she was a baby in China -in Josie speak of course. It started out as "my baby, my China, my bottle". From there she tole me when she was hungry her Mama would give her a bottle. I said"you mean your China mama?" Uh huh. "What about Baba?" Josie said "no BaBa". Then she said. "I miss this family in China". Which I think is her way of saying she is happy with us. 

Then she got a very happy relaxed look on her face. Maybe because she managed to tell a fairly complex story and have it understood. Maybe because she really is home with family.


And today

So this morning JJ is snuggling in bed with me and Josie walks over and picks up an old card from my nightstand and pretends to read "thank you mommy for everything..Josie". Sigh.




No comments: