There a a couple meals I insist JJ let me feed her. This is because if she does it herself it is a whole lot more work cleaning up than it is worth. Oatmeal is in this class. Normally Mac and Cheese is too.
But tonite Mr. M. made the Mac and JJ wanted to DO IT HERSELF. OK, I'll try anything once.
Lets just say in the hands of a toddler Mac and Cheese is not just a meal. It is a sensory experience.
See, I didn't have to finish this story. Your imagination did it for me. And your imagination is correct about how it went too!
To finish the tale - JJ did NOT dump the mac on the floor when she was full (Progress!), she simply dumped it on the high chair tray. I put it all back in the little bowl and put her down on the floor. It was when I was diving to catch Mr. M's reading glasses as she pulled them off the kitchen table that I dumped it all on the floor.
Go ahead and laugh. I eventually did. To bad we got no pictures.
But tonite Mr. M. made the Mac and JJ wanted to DO IT HERSELF. OK, I'll try anything once.
Lets just say in the hands of a toddler Mac and Cheese is not just a meal. It is a sensory experience.
See, I didn't have to finish this story. Your imagination did it for me. And your imagination is correct about how it went too!
To finish the tale - JJ did NOT dump the mac on the floor when she was full (Progress!), she simply dumped it on the high chair tray. I put it all back in the little bowl and put her down on the floor. It was when I was diving to catch Mr. M's reading glasses as she pulled them off the kitchen table that I dumped it all on the floor.
Go ahead and laugh. I eventually did. To bad we got no pictures.
Speaking of flinging - yesterday JJ got a snack of crackers and cheese. Crackers she loves and cheese we are working on. I put some small chunks out for her, turned around and was delighted to see they were ALL GONE. Until I realized she had flung them behind her with great speed.

This is a pic of Amy Mow (cat) with a hunk of cheese flung on her. Amy is beginning to see the positive side of life with a toddler.
No comments:
Post a Comment