Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Dec 9 Update

Day 246 of captivity. . . .

We have lulled our captors into a sense of complacency.  Josie and I have managed to get some plastic spoons and some crayons and craft supplies.  We will begin to tunnel our way out of here tonight after the guards are asleep.

Yea, it is getting a bit old.  Josie keeps telling me "I'm ready to go".  I'll tell her she can't go until her owie is better  To which she will reply . .  I got no owie . . .

None the less we have some slow progress.  The nasal feeding tube is out.  Josie has stood up several times. Josie had one bad episode of coughing that had her chocking, so we STILL have the high flow equipment in place, but it is turned down enough that Josie got permission to start a bit of eating and drinking.  The first popsicle snapped her right out of her funk and she is much happier and less panicky during breathing treatments.  She is taking many of her meds by mouth rather than nasal tube..

I hope to have the lower flow nasal set up tomorrow as it allows a lot more mobility.
In the mean time we keep busy as best we can.

I think that is everything for today.  Have a happy and blessed Sunday and Advent season.  Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish friends.  Richest blessings of this season to you all.




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Looking good, little girl!!!