Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Monday, December 3, 2012

The paradox of Josie

And she is a paradox - not just to me but to the docs as well.

The confusing thing is that in most regards she is doing very very well.  The heart repair itself is dang near perfect, no surgical complications or excess bleeding

When Josie is not scaring us she is a rock star on her monitors.  All in all she is doing very well.

Except that she has had two serious episodes where her heart stopped - she is doing really well.

And no one really knows what triggered the episodes.  We can only speculate.

She does have severe pulmonary hypertension, but that is not the cause of this.

So there is the paradox. Josie is doing fabulous  .  . except when she is not

She has not done anything scary for 27 hours now (not that I am counting or anything).

Doctors round a bit late today.  I'll post an update after I talk to them about today's plans.

No comments: