Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Thursday, November 29, 2012

GodWinks

And before I forget . . . every once in a while you get a little love note from God just to let you know he cares. . . or he has it in control, or both.  This is sometimes called a "GodWink".

While I waited to get news on Josie I got a GodWink today.

It seems that LPCH uses a nurse to keep communications going between the OR and the waiting parents.  The nurse will go to the OR and get the scoop and get an update for you about every 2 hours.  This keeps the parents (relatively) sane and harmony reigns.

It seems that Courtney, our Nurse Liaison is someone I know in a virtual sense.  This would be because she has a daughter adopted from the Hohhot Inner Mongolia orphanage.  JJ's orphanage.

This is statistically almost impossible.  Just for fun . . .

There had been about 70,000 international adoptions from China when we adopted JJ.
Of those about 300 had been from Inner Mongolia.  300 of 70,000.

and of those 300 a large portion from IM were adopted to Northern Europe.
And of course not all the IM adoptions were from JJs orphanage

So she adopted her girl just about a year before we adopted JJ.
She is on the IM Yahoo group
We got in a lot of good story swaps.

PS. I found out later that the morning of surgery some of my sisters teacher friends had gathered to pray for Ms Josie. One of them specifically prayed I would find a friend to be with me

Thank you for this answered prayer



No comments: