Looking East and West

Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

Friday, November 30, 2012

Morning update, Friday, Day One post surgical

Obviously I did a CRASH AND BURN last night.  I HONESTLY thought I had posted one more update on Josie before I went to sleep.  Maybe I dreamed it?

 Mom slept here:
Yes, I really slept!
Josie slept here:

In Cardiac ICU
Josie is in Cardiac ICU.  The Dr and nurse support team seems just great.
They have her paralyzed and under deep sedation right now.

They are having to watch her blood pressure in particular.  The struggle is to keep it all in balance so she does not have a crisis that forces her into heart failure.  

So far so good.  I was in at 5:30 am (before the nursing shift change) and again at 9:30 for Doctor rounds.

Make no mistake, she is higher risk due to her lungs.
That being said - she is doing very well overall.  No crisis in the first 12 hours.

The chest drains seem to show the sutures in her heart are holding up and healing.

The next 12 hours are very important.  They will try to lighten the sedation to get her moving some on her own and in preparation for getting her off the ventilator.  We need her body to respond well, NO CRISIS in the next 12 hours either thank you.  It is best to get her off the vent ASAP, so that is what everyone will work towards.

More later.  So far, so good.
Not yet out of the woods!